Folded Album Layout instructions

To create the basic folded album layout:

I have included the materials that I used for this layout but it does depend purely on how many layouts you wish to have.  For this layout I have used approximately 5 different coloured sheets of 12 x12 card stock (CS) and two sheets of Patterned Paper (PP).  Ribbon and lettering. 

This is the finished layout.  


OK, here we go. 

Cut from a 12” x12” Card stock 4 pieces 3” X 12”.  Score each one at 3” and 6“

  
These pieces are secured to a 6.2” sq piece of patterned paper or CS as shown above.  

I placed a matt on to the top of the album and this can be used to place a photo.

The album itself is attached to a 7 X 7 CS or PP piece that has the twine or ribbon attached.  

Once this is done you can place this any where on a layout. 
I like a lot of stability in a layout so I tend to layer quite a bit.

In my layout I used a Base Cardstock (12x12) and then a further layer of CS or Patterned Paper (11.5X11.5) and then a further piece (8.5 X 8.5) to which the album can be placed. 
Place photos and embellish as you wish.

As mentioned it is all up to you as to how many layers you wish to use. 
 I usually display the layout on a stand for a couple of weeks before placing in an album
 so do I like the stability.  Also once in an album I actually mark where the folded album portion is and cut out the clear cover to allow for the album to be opened once in an album.
The left over CS and PP can be used as the matting for the photos that you included in the layout. 
Enjoy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year: Do-Al(l) Kreatives

DO-AL(l) Creatives - First year birthday celebrations and Blog Hop

It's all about the Cake - Layout